Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Ever Wondering/Long Forgotten

Something changed, I guess...
      ...or perhaps I just grew tired of festering.
      Life's a dark and forbidding place - yet still I'm alive.  These past few days have felt like a breath of air in an asphyxiating ocean of vacancy.  Its like I broke the surface, gasping wildly, and feeling the life I once held dear re-thrust upon me.  I feel alive again.  I feel hope again.  I feel...
                                                 ...calm...
      ...there's a change...
                  ...I don't remember the last time I felt this way...
   
               ...you know...
                         ...meaningful...

      ...it's dark and crushing and I don't mind it at all. It's frightening and I walk regardless. What wicked thing can harm me now? I've been harmed for years. It's not so much the fear of injury that bothers me - it's more so the weight of wondering if the end was worth the journey.
         It's not a wondering anymore...

   ...sometimes I make eye contact with you - or anyone really - across the room and feel this strange, gripping comfort; like someone's whisper saying, "see that - they're just as scared of you."  
Suppression isn't healthy and diving in is a risk worth taking, I suppose.  Feel the rush of living or crush your bones on the stony bed below. I guess it's not worth the wonder..so I'm letting go...

     ...we're here...

                      ...I'm here...

                                         ...I'm breathing and tomorrow scares the breath from me...
             ...and I've never loved the feeling better...
 

No comments: